Cambo's Wide RS Series is an ideal photographic tool for the landscape, interior and architectural photographers needing less space for their equipment. Based around the same platform as the existing Wide DS, the RS is considerably smaller and lighter, still offering combined vertical and horizontal movements.
Geared movements allow for perspective control as well as stitching for wider views or even greater file sizes. Both directions use accelerated gears for fast yet precise movements, both movements shift the image plane on the rear standard, leaving the lens position untouched. Next to the body's Shift possibilities, Cambo offers lens boards with Tilt-Swing possibilities for many of the popular focal lengths, in order to increase depth of field or selective sharpness.
The movements are driven by accelerated spindle gears, operated by XL size stainless steel drive knobs with excellent grip. These precision-geared controls provide architectural photographers with many of the image-placement movements they require, while giving digital photographers the ability to create amazing vertical and horizontal panoramic images through stitching several exposures together.
An integrated weight compensation for the digital back equalizes the movements for rise and fall to the same effortless feeling.
Additionally, many of the Lenspanels can optionally be acquired with a Tilt-Swing possibility, to add Scheimpflug settings for increased depth of field, in both horizontal as vertical plane or intentionally selective sharpness where needed.
Like other Cambo Wide models, the WRS-5000 features interchangeable interfaces for Hasselblad, Leaf, Phase One and Sinar digital backs. Mounts are available for Hasselblad V, Hasselblad-H, PhaseOne/Mamiya 645DF and Contax 645AF compatible camerabacks. A dedicated interface plate hosting both Leaf AFi and Sinar HY6 backs is also available.
In order to accomplish nearly any architectural or landscape assignment, the Wide RS accepts the full range of WDS lens panels that incorporate the Schneider Digitar and Rodenstock Digital lenses. Choose from focal lengths ranging from 23mm up to 150mm and more on request.
- High grade aluminum body in black anodized finish
- Wooden handgrips with interchangeable cable release
- Choice of Palissander (5000) and Ebony (5005) wood
- Stainless steel XL drive knobs for shifts and rise / fall
- Weight compensation mechanism for vertical movement
- Fully compatible with Cambo’s WRS system
- Size 190 x 175mm (W x H) incl. handgrips and tripod mount
- Lightweight only 1.2 kgs (excl. lens)
- Horizontal shift 45 mm (22.5 mm left/22.5 mm right)
- Vertical shift 40 mm (25mm / 15mm)
- Stitching possibilities (2-way / 4-way)
- Milimeter scales for movements
- Movement indicators on rear sides
- Removable cable release included
- Removable 3/8" tripod mount (25 mm)
- 5 spirit levels visible from top or bottom
- Accessory mount for 2 point fixed accessories
- Additional LED light included
- Optional WTS Tilt-Swing Lenspanels
- Optional Viewfinder
- Optional Levelling Base with Accessory mount
- Broad range of optics
- Retrofitting of user lenses offered
The RS has been designed for digital photography with high-end digital backs and features Schneider's latest Digitar lenses with short focal lengths for optimum image quality, as well as a choice from Rodenstock's Digaron-S and Digaron-W series. The present range consists of Schneider's Super-Digitar 5.6/28XL, 5.6/35XL, 5.6/43XL, 5.6/47XL, 5.6/72L, 4.5/90 and 5.6/120. Also Rodenstock's new 4.0/32HR Digaron-W, Digaron-S 5.6/23 HR, 4.5/28 HR, 4.0/35 HR, 4.0/60 HR, Digaron-W 4.0/40, 5.6/70 and 5.6/90 are available on a Cambo WDS lenspanel. More lens options on request.
Interface plates are available for backs that have a mount for either PhaseOne/Mamiya 645DF, Hasselblad-V, Hasselblad H, or Contax 645, and available is an interface which will accept the latest Leaf AFi / Sinar HY6 digital backs with their rotating options.
Lenspanels are interchangeable on the camera system.
Viewing options are the Optical Viewfinder WDS-580, in combination with specific masks for focal lengths with movement indication, use Cambo's WDS-619/616 Universal Groundglass/Viewer, or use the Universal Groundglass with Fresnellens in combination with Cambo's high quality 3x Viewing Loupe WDS-630.